5 must-see waterfalls on Kauai
- Waipoo Falls. Waipoo Falls is a glorious 800-foot waterfall in Waimea Canyon.
- Hanakapiai Falls. By far the most difficult to get to, the Hanakapiai Falls hike is impressive.
- Wailua Falls. You can leave your hiking boots behind for this breathtaking display of Mother Nature.
- Secret Falls.
- 1 Can you hike to Jurassic falls Kauai?
- 2 Can you hike to Secret Falls Kauai?
- 3 How do you get to the secret falls in Kauai?
- 4 Can you hike to the bottom of Waipoo Falls?
- 5 Can you hike to Manawaiopuna Falls?
- 6 How long does it take to hike Kuilau Ridge trail?
- 7 Where can you see waterfalls in Kauai?
- 8 Can you swim in any waterfalls in Kauai?
- 9 How long is the Waimea Falls hike?
- 10 How many waterfalls are there in Kauai?
- 11 How tall is secret falls in Kauai?
- 12 How long does it take to hike Secret falls Kauai?
- 13 Can you hike Waimea Canyon?
- 14 Does Kauai have black sand beaches?
- 15 Do you need a permit to hike Waimea Canyon?
Can you hike to Jurassic falls Kauai?
The falls stand at 400-feet, and are virtually untouched by civilisation. If it’s adventure that you’re looking for, hikes through the muddy and wet, rich jungle vegetation are carried out by the Robinson family – you will need to set aside at least 4 to 6 hours for the hike, and be sure to bring plenty of water!
Can you hike to Secret Falls Kauai?
Uluwehi Secret Falls via Wailua River is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kapaʻa, Kauai, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and fishing and is accessible year-round.
How do you get to the secret falls in Kauai?
Accessing Uluwehi Falls is best done via guided tour. Generally, tours include a 45-minute kayak up the river, followed by a 20-minute trek through the lush rainforest along the floor of the Wailua River Valley. Then you can enjoy a refreshing swim and a snack at the falls.
You can’t hike to the bottom of Waipoo Falls. This hike will only take you to the top of the falls. It is not your classic waterfall hike but it is a beautiful hike nonetheless.
Can you hike to Manawaiopuna Falls?
Manawaiopuna Falls sits on private land owned by the Robinsons. So the only way we were able to see it was by helicopter. However, I have seen in the literature that some hardy hikers have managed to hike to it (whether they were trespassing or not, I’m not sure), but I wouldn’t count on this option.
How long does it take to hike Kuilau Ridge trail?
Off in the east you can see the ocean. The Kuilau Trail ends when you encounter a small wooden bridge. The entire hike should take you 2 to 3 hours.
Where can you see waterfalls in Kauai?
Wailua Falls, a double-tiered waterfall, is located just north of Lihue and is the most easily accessible on Kauai. Head north from Lihue on Highway 56 and take a left on Maalo Road in Hanamaulu. After traveling uphill for approximately 3 miles, the road ends at the parking lot of the falls.
Can you swim in any waterfalls in Kauai?
Kauai is a fantastic place for waterfall swimming, with options to be found at Princeville Ranch to the north and hidden gems like the Secret Falls along the Wailua River to the east.
How long is the Waimea Falls hike?
The 3.5-mile hike, which is mostly along flat, paved ground, is well worth doing as the path meanders through the magnificent gardens and historical sites. A visit to Waimea Falls is very much a cultural experience if you take the time to relax and enjoy the surrounds.
How many waterfalls are there in Kauai?
3. Opaekaa Falls. Another one of the 11 amazing waterfalls on Kauai, and one of the island’s most accessible, this giant on the Wailua River drops over 150 feet before landing in foam and spray in a secluded pool below.
How tall is secret falls in Kauai?
The falls drop is about 120 feet and is truly a breathtaking sight to behold as it cascades into its vast plunge pool — said to be the bathing site of Kauai’s ancient Ali’i (or “king”) of the Island.
How long does it take to hike Secret falls Kauai?
It spoils a little bit the fun once you get to the waterfall. In total, it takes about 40 minutes of walking in addition to the canoe approach to get to Secrets Falls. Count 1h30 to 2h00 to make the full round trip from Kamokila Hawaiian Village.
Can you hike Waimea Canyon?
Canyon Trail: Moderate One of the most popular and scenic trails in Waimea Canyon, the Canyon Trail branches off of the Cliff Trail and is a 3.4 mile round trip that takes two to three hours to complete and enjoy. About halfway down the trail, hikers will reach Waipo’o Falls, a gorgeous 800 foot cascading waterfall.
Does Kauai have black sand beaches?
There is actually no Kauai Hawaii Black Sand Beach. Kauai has some astonishing beaches, including Anini, Secret Beach, Maha’ulepu, and Hideaways. Kapaa, in particular, is home to some of the island’s most fantastic beaches.
Do you need a permit to hike Waimea Canyon?
LIHU’E — Starting next week, non-Hawai’i resident visitors to Waimea Canyon State Park and Koke’e State Park will be required to purchase both entrance and parking permits. A non-Hawai’i resident vehicle fee runs $10, and a commercial vehicle with up to seven people will cost $25 for parking.