The Top 12 Hiking Trails in Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- gnphiker. Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- rachel_baila. Rainbow Falls, Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- instagramtennessee. Grotto Falls.
- cadescoveloop. Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Cades Cove.
- 1 What is the best hike in Gatlinburg?
- 2 What should you avoid in Gatlinburg?
- 3 Where does the Gatlinburg Trail start?
- 4 How many hiking trails are in Gatlinburg?
- 5 How long is the Rainbow Falls trail?
- 6 How long is the Grotto Falls hike?
- 7 Are mosquitoes bad in Gatlinburg TN?
- 8 How do people dress in Gatlinburg?
- 9 What is the best time of year to go to Gatlinburg Tennessee?
- 10 How long is Gatlinburg Trail trailhead?
- 11 How do I get to Gatlinburg Trail?
- 12 Is Gatlinburg trail a loop trail?
- 13 Do I need bear spray in Smoky Mountains?
- 14 Does Gatlinburg have waterfalls?
- 15 Can I hike in Gatlinburg?
What is the best hike in Gatlinburg?
6 of the Best Hiking Trails in Gatlinburg for Waterfalls and Scenic Views
- Alum Cave Trail. While you can use Alum Cave Trail to hike to the top of Mt.
- Baskins Creek Falls. The beginning of Baskins Creek Falls is just right outside the town of Gatlinburg.
- Chimney Tops.
- Grotto Falls.
- Rainbow Falls.
What should you avoid in Gatlinburg?
In this blog, we will correct this glaring oversight by sharing the top four things NOT to do in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
- Don’t Order Waffles at the Pancake Pantry.
- Don’t Disguise Yourself as Dolly Parton to Get into Dollywood for Free.
- Don’t Recreate Scenes from the 1997 Movie at the Titanic Museum.
Where does the Gatlinburg Trail start?
The hike along the Gatlinburg Trail in the Great Smoky Mountains begins from either Gatlinburg or the Sugarlands Visitor Center. This hike description follows the trail for those wishing to start their hike in Gatlinburg. This trailhead is located near Light 10 at the edge of town, on the border of the national park.
How many hiking trails are in Gatlinburg?
You’ll also find some great local park options, like Pinnacle Park or Ijams Nature Center. Ready for some activity? There are 44 moderate trails in Gatlinburg ranging from 0.8 to 29.4 miles and from 1,138 to 6,604 feet above sea level. Start checking them out and you’ll be out on the trail in no time!
How long is the Rainbow Falls trail?
Trail Notes: The roundtrip distance to the waterfall is 5.4 miles and the hike is generally considered moderate in difficulty. However due to the length, elevation gain, and rocky terrain in sections of the trail, some visitors may rate the hike as difficult. It takes about 3-5 hours to hike to the waterfall and back.
How long is the Grotto Falls hike?
This 2.5-mile follows a shaded creek to a gorge containing a short waterfall. This 3.8-mile out and back hike visits a 200-foot waterfall that is split into two tiers.
Are mosquitoes bad in Gatlinburg TN?
neither mosquitos nor ticks are really a problem in the Smokies.
How do people dress in Gatlinburg?
What to Wear in Gatlinburg TN: Top 5 Items to Pack for Your
- T-Shirts. Like we mentioned before, comfort is what’s important when visiting Gatlinburg.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes. Another important item to pack is comfortable walking shoes.
- A Hoodie.
- Jeans / Athletic Pants and Shorts.
- At Least One Nice Outfit.
What is the best time of year to go to Gatlinburg Tennessee?
The best time to visit Gatlinburg is between September and October. The two peak seasons in Gatlinburg are summer (June, July and August) and the month of October, when the fall foliage is at its zenith. July is the busiest month of the summer season, while weekends in October draw the largest crowds in the fall.
How long is Gatlinburg Trail trailhead?
The Gatlinburg Trail is one of two walking paths on which visitors can walk dogs and bicycle. Pets and bicycles are prohibited on all other park trails. The trail travels 1.9 miles one-way from the Sugarlands Visitor Center to the outskirts of the city of Gatlinburg, TN.
How do I get to Gatlinburg Trail?
From Gatlinburg, drive into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on the main Parkway. After entering the park, continue for approximately 1.8 miles to the Sugarlands Visitor Center on your right side. You will park at the visitor center and then walk behind where the main visitor center is to join up with the trail.
Is Gatlinburg trail a loop trail?
This is a gravel trail that is quiet and serene. It starts at the Visitor Center and goes to the City of Gatlinburg. It is about a 45-minute walk each way. Accessibility: There are 6 designated accessible spaces in the paved parking lot off of Sugarlands Visitor Center Loop Road at the south end of the trail.
Do I need bear spray in Smoky Mountains?
Bear spray is legal for self defense in The Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Although you probably won’t need to use it, the peace of mind and security of knowing you have it on your hip so you can enjoy your hiking, camping or swimming is priceless.
Does Gatlinburg have waterfalls?
Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park are known for having some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the South. Don’t miss out on seeing the top waterfalls in this incredible part of the country. Start planning a great day of seeing gorgeous waterfalls in Gatlinburg and the Smokies!
Can I hike in Gatlinburg?
The Top 12 Hiking Trails in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is about 522,419 acres which means, you probably won’t see all of it in a weekend. To reach it, you have five trail options but the most popular is Alum Cave Trail for its sightseeing perks.